Main Article Content
COVID-19, SARS-CoV-2, B.1.1.529, Omicron Variant, VBM: Variant Being Monitored, VOI: Variant of Interest, VOC: Variant of Concern, VOHC: Variant of High Concern, SDFT: S-gene target failure, ACE2: Angiotensin-converting Enzyme 2, CDC: US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
2. CDC Data Tracker. Monitoring Variant Proportions. 2021 https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#variant-proportions ((Accessed November 26, 2021, at 14:00 hrs))
3. FDA Authorizes Additional Monoclonal Antibody for Treatment of COVID-19. 2021. https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/coronavirus-covid-19-update-fda-authorizes-additional-monoclonal-antibody-treatment-covid-19 . (Accessed November 26, 2021).
4. Peacock, T. B.1.1 Descendant Associated with Southern Africa with High Number of Spike Mutations. 2021. GitHub. https://github.com/cov-lineages/pango-designation/issues/343 .
5. Cheng, M. What is this New COVID Variant in South Africa. November 26, 2021. Associated Press. https://www.aol.com/explainer-covid-variant-south-africa-111307372-142856393.html
6. Classification of Omicron (B.1.1.529): SARS-CoV-2 Variant of Concern. World Health Organization. November 26, 2021. https://www.who.int/news/item/26-11-2021-classification-of-omicron-(b.1.1.529)-sars-cov-2-variant-of-concern
7. Statement from President Joe Biden on the Omicron COVID-19 Variant. The White House. November 26, 2021. https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2021/11/26/statement-by-president-joe-biden-on-the-omicron-covid-19-variant/